Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What are the best type of shower curtain hooks you can use to prevent wear and tear on your shower curtain?

I currently use two vinyl curtains. A clear heavy one with grommets for a liner and I recently bought a new vinyl curtain to replace my other one which tore at the top. What kind of rings can I use? I was thinking of buying grommets but I have never used a grommet tool before and if I screw up then. . .well. . .I am screwed. . .lol.

What are the best type of shower curtain hooks you can use to prevent wear and tear on your shower curtain?
Hello, the grommets will do a good job of extending the life of the curtain but they will fail too,as all you are really doing is spreading the stress of the rings out a little with the re-inforcement of the grommets. So now instead of tearing right at the top of the ring hole they will tear around the outside of the grommet,but it will take quite a bit longer than not having them. Hope this helps:-)
Reply:I use the plain plastic ones. However, the side of curtain that is used the most has the curtain folded for the ring to go throught TWO holes and folded the vinyl liner the same. So the one end of the 'curtain' has four circles on one ring instead of the two for each ring on the remaining curtain(s). It has worked for many years by this 'reinforcing' method.



motorcycles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive